Adapted by Rori Trovato from Paula LeDuc Fine Catering, Emeryville, California
You'll love this fabulous summer salad, in which the fruit meets its equal and opposite reaction—sharp Pecorino Romano cheese.
Servings: Serves 4–5
- 1 small shallot , finely diced
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey , optional
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 peaches , peeled if desired
- 1/2 pound fresh salad greens
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk until emulsified.
Toss greens with sliced peaches and just enough vinaigrette to coat. Garnish with cheese.