Servings: Serves 6
- 3 ripe peaches , cut in half, pits removed
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil , plus additional for brushing peaches
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas , strings removed
- 1 medium fennel bulb , trimmed and shaved into paper-thin slices
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion , shaved into paper-thin slices
- 1/4 cup chervil leaves
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (cut into 1-inch pieces)
Heat charcoal or gas grill. Brush cut sides of peaches lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill peaches over medium heat, cut sides down, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook, covered, until soft, about 3 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle; remove and discard skins. Cut peaches into 1/2-inch cubes.
In a large bowl, combine peaches, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, vinegar, honey, and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Set aside to macerate 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sugar snap peas; cook 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place peas in a bowl of ice water until cool. Drain and dry with paper towels.
Add peas, fennel, onion, chervil, parsley, and chives to peach dressing. Toss and serve.