Sugar Snap Peas with Fennel, Onions, and Grilled Peach Dressing
Combining warm grilled peaches with "something crisp like peas and something mysterious like fennel—trust me, it's amazing," Nischan says. He calls this salad of sugar snap peas with fennel, onions, and grilled peach dressing a "miracle recipe."
This recipe is from Michel Nischan's Fresh-from-the-Garden Menu
Servings: Serves 6
- 3 ripe peaches , cut in half, pits removed
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil , plus additional for brushing peaches
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas , strings removed
- 1 medium fennel bulb , trimmed and shaved into paper-thin slices
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion , shaved into paper-thin slices
- 1/4 cup chervil leaves
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (cut into 1-inch pieces)
Heat charcoal or gas grill. Brush cut sides of peaches lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill peaches over medium heat, cut sides down, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook, covered, until soft, about 3 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle; remove and discard skins. Cut peaches into 1/2-inch cubes.
In a large bowl, combine peaches, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, vinegar, honey, and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Set aside to macerate 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sugar snap peas; cook 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place peas in a bowl of ice water until cool. Drain and dry with paper towels.
Add peas, fennel, onion, chervil, parsley, and chives to peach dressing. Toss and serve.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 5, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.