A little cheese adds depth to this refreshing Italian classic.
Servings: Serves 6
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese , plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons semolina flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
In a large pot, heat 4 cups stock on high heat. In a bowl, combine remaining 2 cups stock, eggs, cheese, semolina, spinach, parsley and nutmeg; whisk until well blended.
When stock comes to a boil, whisk in spinach-egg mixture and reduce heat immediately to low. Continue whisking 4 to 5 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot, topped with additional grated cheese.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 11, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.