Servings: Serves 4
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak , thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 large orange
- 1/3 cup julienned orange peel (from about 1 large orange, preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (from about 1 large orange)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 tsp. chili paste
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts only), sliced
- Cooked rice , for serving
- Steamed bok choy , for serving
Place steak strips in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch; toss well to coat. Add soy sauce and season with salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Toast sesame seeds in a small pan over medium heat until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently to prevent burning, 3 to 4 minutes. Cool on a plate.
Remove peel and pith from orange. Cut between membranes and separate segments; halve segments.
Combine orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, sherry, chili paste, and oyster sauce in a bowl; mix well.
Heat peanut and sesame oils in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry until lightly browned but pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add ginger, garlic, and scallions, and stir-fry for 20 seconds. Add contents of bowl to pan; cook over high heat, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Stir in orange segments to heat through. You've found a 12-Day Holiday Give-O-Way icon!
Use code 266 to win on 12/11/09
Click for more details