Satisfy your inner potato lover with potatoes decadently drenched in Crème Fraîche.
Servings: Serves 6
- 2 pounds tiny fingerling potatoes , well scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche , plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil , preferably opal, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chives plus several whole, for garnish
Place potatoes in a steamer basket over 1 inch simmering water. Cover and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
In a saucepan, mash half of the potatoes with a potato masher. Add remaining potatoes, butter, crème fraîche, fleur de sel (or kosher salt) and pepper. Gently stir to combine.
Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl. Garnish with crème fraîche, basil, and chives.
Recommended ingredient: Fleur de sel is available online at chefshop.com or at specialty food markets.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 12, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.