- 2 pounds tiny fingerling potatoes , well scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche , plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil , preferably opal, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chives plus several whole, for garnish
In a saucepan, mash half of the potatoes with a potato masher. Add remaining potatoes, butter, crème fraîche, fleur de sel (or kosher salt) and pepper. Gently stir to combine.
Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl. Garnish with crème fraîche, basil, and chives.
Recommended ingredient: Fleur de sel is available online at chefshop.com or at specialty food markets.