Servings: Serves 4
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic , mashed
- 1 chili pepper , mashed
- 2 cups bottled clam broth
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup fingerling potatoes
- 4 cups washed little clams
- 1 cup sliced, cooked chorizo sausage
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley , plus some for garnish
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon , for zest
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until soft. Then add the minced chile. Pour in the broth and wine. Bring to a simmer. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
Add the clams and cook until they open. Remove from the heat, add the sausage, parsley, salt and ground pepper, and stir carefully. Ladle into a bowl and top with lemon zest and more parsley. Serve with good bread.
Back to the Family © 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers.