Servings: Serves 8
- 2 bags (6 ounces each) baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups dried figs (about 16), quartered
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced natural almonds
- 1 Granny Smith apple , cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil , not extra virgin
Salad: Place the spinach in a large salad bowl. Top with the figs, cranberries and almonds. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Scatter on sliced apple right before serving.
Dressing: Place pomegranate juice, vinegar, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small mixing bowl. While whisking, drizzle in the oil in a steady stream until blended. Serve the salad with the dressing on the side.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 23, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.