- One cup of cooked spinach has 40 calories.
- Spinach is your best bet for folic acid, which helps keep cells all over the body growing and functioning well.
- And it's an incredible nonanimal protein source of iron, which delivers oxygen all over the body, providing much-needed energy to kids' muscles.
- Spinach also helps regulate blood sugar and keeps your children's hearts healthy because it's high in potassium and magnesium.
- You can hide spinach in my recipes for Chicken Nuggets, Brownies and Blueberry Oatmeal Bars.
Published on January 15, 2006