This spicy sauce is the perfect topping for crab or salmon cakes, or any other seafood you might be serving. To cut calories, use reduced-fat mayonnaise and sour cream.
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard (such as Creole or moutarde de Meaux)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon peeled, seeded, and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce , or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Stir all of the ingredients in a small bowl, using plenty of hot sauce and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend.
The sauce can be prepared up to 3 days ahead, covered and refrigerated.
Published on January 01, 2006