- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts , chopped
Add peanut butter, coconut milk, vinegar, brown sugar and 1/4 cup warm water. Stir until smooth and cook for 2 minutes or until peanut butter dissolves.
Pour peanut-butter mixture, 1/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons of the chopped peanuts into a blender. Pulse until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
Let sauce cool at least 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, pour sauce into a dip cup or ramekin and garnish with remaining peanuts.