This spicy, Parmesan-spiked combination of green beans, kale, and cremini mushrooms is one of Giada's Thanksgiving favorites.
Reprinted from Giada's Kitchen: New Italian Favorites
by Giada De Laurentiis. Copyright © 2008 by Giada De Laurentiis. With the permission of the publisher, Clarkson Potter/Publishers.
This recipe is from O's Thanksgiving menu
Servings: Serves 6–8
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/4 pound cremini mushrooms trimmed and quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale (1/2 pound), rinsed, stemmed, and coursely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. finely grated Parmesan cheese
Warm oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, green beans, salt, and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
Add wine and continue cooking until the green beans are almost tender, stirring once or twice, about 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes and kale and continue cooking until kale has wilted, 4 to 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 11, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.