- 4 cups long grain rice
- 2 serving spoons canola oil
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped red onion
- 5 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 package Sazon Goya with Azafran. (You can add 2 packages if you want the color to be richer.)
- Fresh crushed black pepper
- 1 cup diced Spanish sausage (salchichon), optional
- 5 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt (Note: If you use chicken broth, taste before you add salt.)
After about 2 minutes on medium-high heat, pour in water or chicken broth and bring to a boil. At this point, you can taste to see if you need the salt. After it comes to a boil, add rice. Stir to make sure the flavor is combined with the rice.
Let it boil on high until the liquid evaporates. Bring down to a simmer. Stir rice to the middle, forming a hill in the middle of the pan with the rice. Cover and let cook for about 30 minutes. Serve with any meat or a nice salad. Enjoy!