silky, no-cook sauce of Parmesan, lemon zest and olive oil coats spaghetti strands like cream.
Servings: Serves 6
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups firmly packed basil leaves , slivered
In a large pot, cook spaghetti in salted, boiling water until al dente. Place a colander over a large serving bowl, then drain spaghetti into it (hot water will warm bowl). Pour water from bowl, wipe bowl dry, then empty spaghetti into it.
Meanwhile, combine cheese and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Gradually beat in olive oil until mixture becomes thick and creamy and cheese "melts" into oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon zest.
Pour sauce over cooked spaghetti in serving bowl; toss thoroughly. Add basil, toss again and serve.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 13, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.