- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups firmly packed basil leaves , slivered
Meanwhile, combine cheese and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Gradually beat in olive oil until mixture becomes thick and creamy and cheese "melts" into oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon zest.
Pour sauce over cooked spaghetti in serving bowl; toss thoroughly. Add basil, toss again and serve.