Southwestern Tuna Casserole
Recipe created by Cat Cora
March 11, 2009
Try chef Cat Cora's
recipe for Southwestern Tuna Casserole, a dinner from her complete seven-day menu
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels , thawed
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup store-bought bottled tomato salsa
- 1 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna , packed in water, drained and flaked
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pasta , cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar blend preferred)
Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with olive oil and set aside.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with the 1 tablespoon of oil, and when the oil is hot, add the onions.
Cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in corn and cook 2 minutes longer to incorporate. Stir in the soup, salsa and chili powder (if desired) until well blended.
Add the tuna and cooked pasta, stirring just to coat. Pour into the prepared greased casserole dish. Sprinkle the top evenly with cheese.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until bubbling, remove from oven and serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 18, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.