- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic , unpeeled
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 pounds medium beets , stems trimmed to 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole ' ' smoked trout (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small bunch chives , thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add 4 tablespoons dressing to beets and toss well.
Remove and discard head, tail, skin and bones from trout. Flake trout into a bowl and drizzle with remaining dressing. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
Divide beets among plates and top with trout. Spoon sour cream around beets and sprinkle with chives and pepper.