Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 12–15
- 2 pounds (about 5 to 6) Idaho potatoes , peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream , brought to a boil and kept warm
- 6 tablespoons butter , softened to room temperature
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon , cut into small pieces
- 1 ounce salmon roe
- Dill sprigs for garnish
In a large saucepan place, cover the chopped potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are very tender when stabbed with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Return to the saucepan and add the cream and butter. With a hand mixer, blend until just smooth (do not over-whip).
Reduce the cream to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup crème fraiche. Add the salmon to the potatoes. Garnish with the salmon roe and dill sprigs. Season generously with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 6, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.