This makes a perfect hand-held appetizer. The sweetness of the yellow pepper contrasts with the smoked chicken beautifully. For this recipe, your hands are your best tools to arrange the ingredients on the pepper strips.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped smoked chicken
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped, drained, oil-packed sun-dried tomato
- 1 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 8 strips
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a bowl, combine chicken, sun-dried tomato, onion, mayonnaise and mustard and mix well to combine. Place pepper strips on a platter with natural curve facing up. Arrange chicken mixture on top, dividing equally. Garnish with parsley and serve. To make ahead, assemble, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours ahead and garnish with parsley just before serving.
Excerpted from 750 Best Appetizers by Judith Finlayson and Jordan Wagman © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.
Printed from Oprah.com on Saturday, March 8, 2014
© 2014 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.