- 1 large head cauliflower , leaves trimmed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large bunches broccoli , stems peeled
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic cloves
Heat a large, well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over a medium flame. Add cauliflower, then weigh it down with a second medium skillet. Cook until well browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn slices over and cook until second side is browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and place in oven.
Cut each broccoli stalk into 1-inch-thick slices. Cook in same fashion as cauliflower, making sure to brown both sides of each broccoli slice. Transfer broccoli to the platter after each batch is cooked.
In a small skillet, heat remaining one tablespoon olive oil and add garlic. Cook, stirring, until garlic is lightly browned. Transfer to paper towels to drain, and season with salt and pepper.
Remove cauliflower and broccoli platter from oven. Sprinkle toasted garlic over vegetables and serve hot.