Servings: Serves 8
- 2 sticks unsalted butter , softened
- 3 large cloves of garlic , very finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. and 2 tsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. chopped thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds large shrimp , shelled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced basil leaves
- Crusty bread , for serving
Total time: 30 minutes
Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, mix the butter with the garlic, 2 teaspoons of the parsley, the lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
In a large gratin dish, arrange the shrimp, tails up, in a circular pattern. Dot the shrimp with the flavored butter and roast for about 10 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and the butter is bubbling. Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and the basil leaves. Serve hot with bread.
Make ahead: The flavored butter can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month.
Wine Pairing: When aged in oak, Chardonnay develops a luscious texture that goes nicely with these buttery shrimp. Try the 2007 Ferrari-Carano Tré Terre or the 2007 Landmark Damaris Reserve.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 12, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.