Servings: Serves 6
- 6 (6-to-7-ounce) swordfish steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
Sprinkle both sides of each swordfish steak with salt and pepper. Spread flour on a large plate; dip steaks in flour, covering both sides, and shake off excess.
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add swordfish and sauté 3 minutes per side, until golden. Add wine, lemon juice and water; reduce heat to medium. Simmer swordfish 3 minutes, basting steaks occasionally with sauce, until cooked through. Transfer swordfish to a platter; cover and keep warm.
Add 1/2 cup diced tomato, olives, parsley, capers and oregano to sauce in skillet; bring to a simmer. Top swordfish with sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup tomato.