- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds large (20 to 25 per pound) shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes , or more to taste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 3 cups cooked wild rice or other whole grain , for serving
Warm oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add shrimp and cook, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a large bowl, leaving excess oil in skillet.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes to skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Carefully add wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, basil, spinach, salt, and pepper.
Return shrimp to pan and cook over medium high heat, just until heated through. Divide wild rice or other whole grains among 4 bowls, top with shrimp, and serve.