- 12 large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic , peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian parsley , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cold white wine
- 1 fresh lemon
- Fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. cold butter , cut into small cubes
Heat a heavy skillet on medium high for 3 minutes. You will need a lid to fit the skillet. Add the olive oil, then the shrimp and sauté for 30 seconds.
Scatter the garlic over the shrimp. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another 30 seconds.
Repeat the process once more, 30 seconds on each side. Be careful and watch so the garlic doesn't burn. If you see that the garlic is getting too brown, lower the heat a bit.
Pour in the cold wine and immediately cover the skillet with the lid. Let sit undisturbed for 1 minute. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and place onto a dish.
Cook the wine down slightly using a wooden spoon. Add the cold butter in one piece at a time and stir until all the butter has melted and the sauce has a creamy consistency. Add the shrimp back in. Add lemon juice and stir to coat the shrimp with the sauce. Add cracked pepper, pepper flakes and fresh parsley.
This dish can be served hot, cold or room temperature. Try it over linguine or angel hair pasta!