- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 leeks , white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes or 1/2 jalapeno pepper , seeded and minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp , shelled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley , divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked white beans or 2 cans (14.5 ounces) cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add leeks, garlic, and pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, until leeks soften (do not brown), 3 to 4 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp and 3 tablespoons parsley; cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp just begin to turn pink, about 1 minute. Stir in flour and salt until combined. Stir in wine, if desired; cook 30 seconds. Add beans and broth; cook, stirring, until mixture just comes to a simmer. Transfer mixture to ramekins.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and remaining tablespoon of parsley. Layer bread crumb mixture over top of filled ramekins. Bake until shrimp mixture is hot and tops are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.