Shrimp-and-Avocado Sushi Rolls Recipe
- 1 tsp. wasabi powder
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked short-grain sushi rice, cooled
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- 6 10-inch white or whole wheat tortillas
- 6 sheets nori
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
In a small bowl, combine wasabi and 1 tsp. water. Add 2 Tbsp. soy sauce and mix well.
In a medium bowl, combine rice, wasabi mixture, green onions, mayonnaise and hot pepper flakes.
Line each tortilla with nori. Arrange rice mixture equally in center of each wrap. Add shrimp, avocado and cucumber. Fold both ends over filling. Roll up and serve with soy sauce.
From 400 Best Sandwich Recipes: Ideas for Every Meal and Occasion by Alison Lewis © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.