Endive gives this salad crispness, and a simple mayonnaise dressing gives it creaminess, but the main purpose for both, Ina says, is to "bring out the shrimpness." This shrimp salad can be prepared earlier in the day and assembled with endive just before
Servings: Serves 6–8
- 3/4 pound cooked fresh shrimp , finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon capers , drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads endive and 2 heads radicchio di Treviso *
Combine shrimp, mayonnaise, celery, capers and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste.
With a sharp knife, separate endive and radicchio leaves. Use 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture to fill base of each leaf. Arrange on a plate and serve immediately.
* Available at specialty food stores or use only endive spears.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 11, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.