- 1 lemon , cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds large shrimp , shell on
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups minced celery (8 stalks)
- 8 hot dog rolls , preferably split on top, grilled or toasted
In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, wine, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, dill, onion and celery.
Stir shrimp into mayonnaise mixture. Use immediately or chill, covered, until ready to serve. Just before serving, spoon about 2/3 cup shrimp mixture into each roll.