- 1 can (8 ounces) drained sliced water chestnuts
- 3 scallions , white parts only, chopped in thirds
- 1 clove garlic , cut in half
- 1/2-inch piece ginger , cut in thirds
- 1/2 pound medium raw shrimp , tails and shells removed
- 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat, low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
On a flat surface, set out 6 of the wonton wrappers. Dot the centers of each wrapper with a heaping tablespoon of the filling. Drizzle olive oil onto 2 large baking sheets.
Put some water in a small bowl. Using your fingertips, wet the edges of the wrapper with the water and fold the ends together diagonally. Press to seal. Place on the oiled baking sheet and repeat with the remaining wrappers until you have used all the filling.
Spray a light coating of cooking spray over the dumplings. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until the wontons are crisp and the filling is cooked through.