Shrimp Cocktail with Spicy Bloody Mary Sauce
Recipe created by Rori Trovato
January 01, 2006
This vodka-heavy Bloody Mary shrimp cocktail bites back. You can nibble on the shrimp, then sip the spicy sauce.
Servings: Makes 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Pinch red pepper flakes , optional
- 1 1/2 cups cocktail sauce
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 cups white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 to 6 jumbo shrimp , peeled and de-veined (tail left on)
Combine horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery seeds, red pepper flakes, cocktail sauce and vodka. Mix well and chill.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat wine, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Poach shrimp just until pink and curled, about 3 to 4 minutes. Place on ice and refrigerate. When completely chilled, season lightly with salt and serve with sauce.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 10, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.