This recipe can be prepared 1 to 2 days in advance and reheated just before serving.
Servings: Serves 8
- 3 strips bacon , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper , seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper , seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 large green bell pepper , seeded and cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 1 large all-purpose potato (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cans (15 to 19 ounces each) white kidney beans (cannellini) , rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
Add onion, peppers and garlic to bacon fat in skillet and cook, stirring, 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are slightly browned and softened. Add potato, chicken broth, cream and seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until potato is tender, about 10 minutes. Add beans, corn and bacon; cover and cook 5 minutes to blend flavors.
246 calories, 7.5 grams fat, 4.0 grams saturated fat, 23 mg of cholesterol, 746 mg sodium, 36.2 grams carbohydrate, 10.6 grams protein
Printed from Oprah.com on December 11, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.