Unhurried time together and a good seafood pesto pasta are among Lee Smith's ingredients for love.
Servings: Serves 8–12
- 1 pound medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 pound small scallops
- 3 cleaned squid (about 8 ounces each), sliced into rings, tentacles halved if large
- 1 pound shell-shaped pasta , cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed
- 1 cup pitted black olives , halved
- 1 medium red bell pepper , diced
- 1/2 cup pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup prepared vinegar-and-oil salad dressing (such as Newman's Own)
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until just opaque. With a slotted spoon, remove shrimp to a colander and rinse with cold water. Repeat with scallops, cooking 2 to 3 minutes, until just opaque. Repeat with squid, cooking about 30 seconds, until just opaque. Let seafood drain well.
In a large bowl, combine seafood, pasta, peas, olives, and bell pepper. In a small bowl, whisk pesto and salad dressing together. Pour over pasta and toss to combine. Add additional pesto and salad dressing if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with basil leaves. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 10, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.