- 5 pounds assorted greens (collard, kale, mustard, and turnip greens, in any combination), tough stems discarded
- 2 medium onions , chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 jalapenos , seeded and minced, optional
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) smoked turkey wing
- Seasoned salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot, combine the onions, two cups water, oil, and jalapenos, if using. Bring to a boil over high heat. Gradually stir in the greens, allowing each batch to wilt before adding more greens. Bury the turkey wing in the greens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until the greens are tender, about 30 minutes. Do not overcook the greens or they will lose their color and fresh flavor. Remove the turkey wing. Discard the skin and bones, chop the turkey meat, and return to the pot. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the greens to a serving dish. Serve hot.