Servings: Serves 4
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu , cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp. vegan steak seasoning (try Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce , chopped
- 3 Tbsp. capers
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 spinach tortilla wraps
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Add 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil, the red pepper flakes and the garlic. Add the tofu and the steak seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tofu is browned. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Add the cooled tofu, the capers and the lemon juice and zest. Toss with the remaining oil and season with the salt and pepper.
Heat the tortillas briefly to soften. Fill with the tofu mixture and wrap.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 19, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.