Servings: Serves 4–6
- 1 bunch ramps (about 1/2 pound) or scallions
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 Tbsp. walnut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 pound baby yellow pattypan squash or 2 medium yellow squash , chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed pea tendrils
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts , chopped
Trim roots from ramps; finely chop white bulbs. Slice green leaves into 1/4-inch strips. String sugar snap peas, cut off stem ends, and leave whole.
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add white part of ramps and cook 1 minute. Add peas and pattypan squash; sauté until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in zest, salt and pepper to taste, and ramp greens. Remove from heat and stir until greens slightly wilt. Add pea tendrils and walnuts; serve.