Great for a busy family, this easy meal is sure to please even the picky eaters.
Servings: Serves 6
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cloves garlic , smashed and coarsely chopped
- 6 shallots , peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes , rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spinach angel hair pasta , cooked according to package directions
In a 12-inch skillet, a Dutch oven or a lidded casserole, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, and cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes total, turning midway through cooking time. Remove with tongs and brown remaining chicken breasts. Set aside.
Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and shallots, and sauté until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add cherry tomatoes, oregano, white wine, salt and pepper, and sauté until wine reduces by a third, about 4 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time. Return chicken to pan, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve chicken over angel hair pasta.
Note: You can substitute boneless chicken thighs for the boneless breasts. Cook as directed, then add the seared thighs to the tomato mixture and cook until opaque and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 5, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.