Pair these seasonal veggies with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc on a cool fall evening.
Servings: Makes 8 servings
- 2 (2 1/2 pounds total) butternut squash , peeled and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 small yellow squash
- 2 small zucchini
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
Dice vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces. Bring a large saucepan filled with water to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt and butternut squash. Cover and cook 2 minutes, just until tender. Drain in a colander; rinse under cold water until cool. Drain again.
In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over a medium-high flame. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook 4 minutes, until softened. Add yellow squash and zucchini; cook 4 minutes. Stir in butternut squash, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, thyme and sage. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes, until heated through.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 25, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.