Sausage and Jalapeño Cheese Quesadillas
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (6 inches in diameter)
- 2 chicken sausages (about 2 1/4 ounces each)
- 1/4 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Jalapeno cheese (if you can't find any, finely chop fresh or canned Jalapeño peppers to taste and add to shredded Jack cheese)
- 1/2 Jonah Gold apple (or other sweet) , thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme , chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Place another tortilla over the first, and lightly oil the top of the tortilla. Place the quesadillas in the press or on the grill and cook until the edges begin to crisp and all the toppings are cooked, about 5–7 minutes.
To serve, cut the quesadillas into wedges, garnish and serve.
Recommended ingredient: Sausages by Amy's Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Chicken sausage