Servings: Makes 8 dozen
- 3/4 pound lean ground pork or veal
- 3/4 cup finely diced boiled potato
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (17 1/4-ounce) frozen puff pastry sheets , thawed
- Flour for dusting
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350°. To make piping bag, snip 1 corner from a plastic food bag with scissors to make about a 3/4-inch opening.
Combine pork, potato, onion, parsley, sage, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes in bowl; transfer sausage mixture to bag.
Unfold 1 pastry sheet; following fold marks, cut each sheet into 3 rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half lengthwise to make 6 strips. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each strip into 12 x 2 1/2-inch rectangle. Pipe sausage mixture along 1 long edge of each strip. Lightly brush opposite edge with egg. Starting at edge with sausage mixture, roll up each strip, gently pressing egg-brushed edge to seal.
With a sharp knife, cut each log crosswise into 8 (1 1/2-inch-thick) rolls. Arrange rolls, seam side down, on a broiler pan; brush top with egg. Repeat with remaining pastry and sausage mixture.
Bake until golden and cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with Worcestershire sauce for dipping.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 12, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.