Servings: Makes 4–6 servings
- 2 bottles (750 ml) white wine (Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or your favorite white wine)
- 1 orange , sliced
- 2 lemons , one sliced and one juiced
- 1 red or green apple , cored and cut into 1/2–1/4-inch dice
- 6 peaches , peeled and sliced into wedges (if desired)
- 6 plums , peeled and sliced into wedges (if desired)
- 1 cup red or green grapes
- 2 cups ice
- Sugar for sweetening (optional)
- 8 ounces seltzer water or lemon-lime soda (optional)
Place all the fruit in a glass pitcher. Add the ice, lemon juice and white wine. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator until just before serving.
At the last minute, add the sugar (to taste) and soda, if desired.