This appetizer is super-simple, but the results look like you've slaved over it!
Servings: Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons shallots , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1 tablespoon each fresh dill and basil and chervil , chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 lemon , squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
Mix all ingredients, except salmon, in a bowl.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Slice salmon on bias as thinly as possible. Arrange salmon on parchment. Coat with herb mixture on both sides.
Place a second sheet of parchment paper over salmon and another sheet pan on top; press down with two heavy cans. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with cracker bread and crème fraîche or sour cream. Garnish with fresh dill.
Printed from Oprah.com on June 19, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.