Servings: Makes 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup blanched, sliced almonds
- 4 2-ounce buttons fresh goat cheese (or 1 8-ounce log, cut into 4 rounds), chilled
- 6 to 8 cups salad greens
- 2 ripe peaches , each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- Balsamic vinegar , for drizzling
- Extra-virgin olive oil , for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Preheat oven to 400°. Place almonds on a small plate. Gently roll each goat cheese round in almonds, pressing gently so they adhere. Place rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook 10 to 12 minutes, until almonds are lightly browned. Remove and let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
Divide salad greens and sliced peaches among 4 serving plates; top each with 1 slice prosciutto and 1 goat cheese round. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.