Salad of Spicy Greens, Cherries, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese
A salad of arugula, watercress, and mizuna is a spicy foil for fresh cherries, which tame the bracing flavors. Thin slices of prosciutto and handfuls of crumbled goat cheese add a silky, rich taste.
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 to 10 cups mixed spicy greens (such as arugula, watercress, and mizuna)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
In a small saucepan, combine cherries with vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat, then remove. Let cherries cool completely in pan, about 15 minutes.
Put greens and onion in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add mixture from pan and olive oil; toss well.
Divide evenly among salad plates; top with prosciutto and crumbled goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Adapted from The Paley's Place Cookbook, by Vitaly Paley and Kimberley Paley with Robert Reynolds, copyright © 2008 (with permission from Ten Speed Press).
Printed from Oprah.com on March 8, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.