A salad of greens, goat cheese, and asparagus is accented with olive-topped toast.
Servings: Serves 8–10
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2 pounds), trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 2 lemons , plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds , toasted and crushed
- 1 cup black olives , pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers , coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bunch arugula , trimmed
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) fresh goat cheese
- 16 thin slices of baguette , toasted
Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, toss asparagus, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, half of the lemon zest, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make a dressing: Whisk 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pinch of pepper and coriander until blended. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the roasted asparagus and set aside.
Combine olives, parsley, capers, garlic, remaining olive oil and lemon zest in a bowl. Set aside.
To serve, arrange arugula and asparagus on a platter. Dot with small pieces of goat cheese. Drizzle remaining dressing over the top. Spoon olive mixture onto baguette toast, spreading to cover; arrange around the asparagus.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 6, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.