Created by Mollie Ahlstrand
When in Rome: Mollie Ahlstrand, Ethiopian by birth, has adopted an Italian cooking style based on simple recipes and the freshest ingredients, as in this pungent salad of arugula and shaved Parmesan.
Servings: Serves 6
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound arugula (about 3 large bunches), washed and trimmed
- 3 plum tomatoes , halved, seeded, and sliced
- 2 ounces shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add arugula; toss to coat with dressing.
Divide salad among 6 plates; top with tomato and Parmesan.