Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 15–20
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 7 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 11 ears)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 large onion)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar , plus extra to sprinkle on top
Preheat oven to 375°. Grease two baking dishes. In a large sauté pan, melt butter; cook corn and onion over medium-high 4 minutes. Cool slightly.
Combine eggs, milk, and half-and-half in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in cornmeal, then ricotta. Mix in basil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add cooked corn mixture and grated cheddar, and pour into baking dishes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Place each baking dish in a larger pan; fill halfway up the sides of dish with hot water. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until top begins to brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 24, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.