Rosie Daley's Two-Colored Fruit Gazpacho
Recipe created by Rosie Daley
January 01, 2006
What is more pleasurable to eat than a fruit soup? This isn't only great to eat; it is good to look at because of the color. This gazpacho will cool you and your friends and family off on any warm afternoon.
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 20 ounces frozen packaged unsweetened raspberries , defrosted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces lime-flavored sparkling water
- 6 fresh mint leaves , cut into thin strips
- 5 kiwi fruits , peeled
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup finely diced honeydew melon
- 1 cup finely diced cantaloupe
Process the raspberries and sugar in a food processor until they are smooth. Strain the raspberry puree through a colander to trap the seeds and transfer it to a big bowl. Add the sparkling water and mint and stir.
Process the kiwis and the lime juice in the food processor until smooth. Pour equal amounts of the raspberry puree into each of 6 small, chilled soup bowls. Pour equal amounts of the kiwi-lime juice puree in the middle of the raspberry puree in each of the 6 bowls. Sprinkle equal amounts of the honeydew melon and the cantaloupe into each soup bowl.
From the book, The Healthy Kitchen
208.7 calories, 0.9g fat, 0g saturated fat (3.7% of calories from fat), 2.4g protein, 52.1 carbohydrate, 0 mg cholesterol, 9.7g fiber
Printed from Oprah.com on May 24, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.