Servings: Serves 2
- 1 rack of lamb , trimmed (French-style)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 or 7 baby potatoes
- 2 to 8 baby carrots or 4 large carrots (peeled, scrubbed, and quartered)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
Preheat oven to 400°. Rub lamb generously with salt and pepper and brush with mustard. Pat with rosemary.
Place potatoes in a small baking pan and toss with olive oil; add salt and pepper to taste. Bake 10 minutes. Set lamb upright in the same pan and add carrots. Roast 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare (internal temperature should read 145°). Remove lamb from pan and let rest 10 minutes before carving. Slice between each rib to make 8 or 9 small chops.
Remove potatoes. Combine honey and apple cider and toss with carrots in pan. Serve vegetables with lamb.