- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms , stems discarded and caps sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces robiola cheese , softened
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
Spread cheese on 4 tortillas and divide mushroom mixture evenly among them. Top each with a second tortilla and press together lightly. (May be prepared to this point up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerated, covered, until ready to cook and serve.)
In a medium nonstick skillet, or on a grill, over medium heat, cook each quesadilla 2 minutes; flip with a spatula and cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each into 6 wedges.