Start the meal with a visual feast that packs a flavorful punch!
Servings: Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash , cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium yellow squashes , cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large yellow pepper , cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large red pepper , cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium red onion , cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ears fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn , thawed
- 2 medium tomatoes , cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 ounces mesclun
Preheat oven to 400°. In a blender at low speed, combine vinegar, tarragon, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream. In a large bowl, toss squashes, peppers, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper until vegetables are well coated. Spread vegetables on 2 large baking pans and roast 10 minutes, stirring once. Allow vegetables to cool.
If using fresh corn, cut kernels from cob with a sharp knife. Bring a 6-quart saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add fresh or frozen corn, return to a boil, and cook 30 seconds; drain. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and add corn and tomatoes. Toss vegetables and greens separately with just enough vinaigrette to coat lightly. Arrange greens on plates, top each with vegetable mixture, and serve immediately.
235 calories, 15.6 grams fat, 2.1 grams saturated fat, 0 mg of cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 24.4 grams carbohydrate, 4.7 grams fiber, 3.5 grams protein
Printed from Oprah.com on May 22, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.